Probably most of you are thinking:
Is the blog so important?
Why is good to have blog on my website?
and so on …
As it is for more of the things in life there is no universal answer and it depends on the specific case. Below I will mark some pros and cons so you can make better decision for your website.
Let’s start with advantages:
- Blog content helps us a lot with the onsite SEO. We can choose and work with words and phrases that are important for us as a search terms and key words
- We show our customers that we know what we sell, we can share with them more information about the products. If we sell super foods for example we can share some recipes or what kind of foods we can eat to supply with important vitamins and etc.
- We can give our customers additional value as we share information that will be useful for them and it will be free. The customers don’t feel ok if the only thing that we try to do is to sell to them.
- Another good point for the SEO and increasing of organic search is that we will add content to our website, so google detect that we work on it. When we work on our website and add content google position our website better
- If we have more content it is easier to have more keywords, more keywords give us more organic traffic and more organic traffic gives us more clients at no costs (or lower cost)
- As we already mention above if we have more content and our website is SEO optimized we will spend less money for paid adds
- When we create our blog with appropriate content google will have a better profile for our business and website so we will have lower bounce rate which is good
- The main disadvantage is time. We need time to plan what we will be writing for, to gather the information that we need, to plan what key words and phrases we want to use and to build our text.
- When we build our content we have to take in mind that they have to be unique or at least 80% unique
- It is recommended to know how to build the text in order to have a good SEO effect
- It took time google to indicate the keywords that we want and to rank them on first page
My personal point of view is that blog is a very useful thing for your website, that’s why we have it on ours. As you can see advantages are more than disadvantages. The other good news is that if you don’t have enough time or knowledge to do it alone, there are agencies and people that could help.
Don’t worry, be happy and have a blog on your website!